May 6, 2015

Coco Takes Texas


I recently went on a trip to Texas with my family! I thought I would share a little about my trip with you and recommend some things if you ever get the chance to go.

Day 1
Shopping North Field Mall & lunch at Bread Winner's Cafe
Only I would go to a beautiful mall and buy clothing from the one store that I visit on a regular basis, H&M. The mall was absolutely beautiful and I wish I could have spent more time looking around. For lunch this was just the first place we saw in the mall and it was very good! Instead of bringing bread over to your table they bring MUFFINS!
Dallas Fun Tour
Let me just say just because the title of the tour has the word fun in it doesn't mean its going to be fun. It was very educational and I found it to be extremely boring and long.
*I may look happy but I can assure you I wasn't!*
Dinner at Papasito's
This place was something a friend recommended to my dad and let me just say I can see why it was so highly recommended. Not only was the food delicious they were making fresh tortillas right in front of us and making tableside guacamole.
*Oh hello overly priced non-alcoholic pina colada.* 

Day 2
Chocolate by Dallas Tour
This tour was called ChocolateStormin' and WOAH this tour was bomb. I honestly can’t say enough good things about the tour and the tour guide. First stop was the Artisan Village Baking Co. Boulangerie and they give you a chocolate croissant and that itself sets the tour standards high. The bakery was a hidden treasure and I highly recommend you go there if you’re ever in that area. Stop two was Dude, Sweet Chocolate that specializes in dark chocolate. They let you sample all of the chocolates you want but they give you something and you have to figure out what’s actually in it. Well I ended up trying chocolate mixed with bleu cheese, which is something I would NEVER try, but I did it, just didn't know it. Third stop was at the Mozzarella Company and they had a chocolate and cheese pairing. I only tried Mozzarella and Goat Cheese, which was enough for me. They make all there own cheeses and we got to see a little bit behind the scenes, which was very cool! Stop four, CocoAndré Chocolatier that is known for their Chocolate Louboutins with red bottoms and all. I also got a Mexican ice pop covered in chocolate but I was brave and got the strawberry jalapeño flavor which wasn't supposed to be hot but I got a REALLY spicy bite and thought I was dying. And last but not least was Kate Weiser Chocolates, which was a store with all kinds of funky flavored bon bon's. Sorry for that being so much but it was the highlight of my trip and I just had to share it with you!
*This is Kate the owner of one of the shops. 
PS I look really puffy and swollen because I was sick*
Lunch at Serious Pizza
I was to stuffed with all kinds of chocolates so I only had a bite but this place makes 36 inch pizzas and the slices were absolutely HUMUNGOUS! No pizza can compare to the taste of New York pizza but the size was why we went there!
*normal sized fork*
Fort Worth Stock Yard Rodeo
Well after we finally got there in the pouring rain, hail, thunder, lightening and extreme winds the whole stock yard had no power. I’m sitting in the back seat of the car saying my goodbyes to my best friend because it was really that bad! For sure was worse then any storm I ever experienced. We sat in the car for a half hour or so until we heard power might be back, we put on our big girl panties and sprinted to where the Rodeo was. But still no power, so now everyone’s cold, wet, and mad because we wanted to see the Rodeo. Finally powers back after an hour or so but of course the computers wouldn't work so they couldn't sell tickets. Long story short, we got in for free and it was such a fun environment and would highly recommend it to anyone visiting the Dallas Fort Worth area! PS I got a cowboy hat!




Wrap up
Texas yay's: Papasito's, ChocolateStormin' tour, Fort Worth Stock Yard Rodeo, temperature, cowboy hats & Texas shaped waffles.

Texas nay's: Dallas Fun Tour, Tornado weather and not meeting any cute cowboys!
SHARE:
Blog Design Created by pipdig